Aggregation, noun: a whole formed by combining several separate different elements
At first glance the data we have access to may appear mundane and of little value. We often don’t see things that are in fact staring us in the face. Einstein’s riddle is made up of 15 hints, yet with a bit of thought this will lead you to another 10 pieces of data.
Einstein wrote this riddle last century and suggested that 98% of the world’s population could NOT solve it. I’m not convinced he got this bit right, as I solved it in 20 minutes!
In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours. 2. In each house lives a person of different nationality 3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet. THE QUESTION: WHO OWNS THE FISH? HINTS
1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.
Please scroll down for the solution.